The personal information provided to or collected by our Services is controlled by the Company in accordance with Finnish and EU law. The Company is also a data keeper and an operator under the Finnish law. If you do not accept and agree with our Policy than you must stop using the Service immediately.
We want to make sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used.
When using our services, you choose to give us certain information
- When creating your Klip account, you may login with your Facebook credentials. This provides us with: your first name, gender, birthday, and email address used for Facebook.
- When creating your Klip profile, you can provide us with more details such as the city you live in and a bio about yourself. To add your first profile video, you may allow us access to your camera. In order to upload video and pictures, you may also allow us access to your photo album.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor these interactions.
- In order to find you the right people based on your filters, you may allow us access to your precise location. This helps our algorithm to show you users and the information is stored for as long as your account is available. We collect this information with the use of your GPS and IP address. The collection of your location data does not occur in the background when the service is not open. If you turn these features on, we may collect your device's geolocation data and save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. We may also use your device's geolocation information to personalize the Service and make it easier for you to interact with other users. You can control your location information settings in your Account settings and switch them off. Even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city and country location based on your IP address (but not your exact location).
- Logs we store for two months, unless the user deletes their account.
- Usage information We collect information about your activity on our services (date and time you logged in, which users you have seen in the feed, which screen you have navigated to) and how you interact with other users (users you interact with, and number of messages you send and receive). We also collect information on your feed filters.
- Device information Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, app crashes, version, language, and operating system.
When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Klip advertisements on other sites or applications.
If for any reason you decide that you do not want all of your Service activities to be stored you may set your browser and mobile settings to block cookies and local storage device, but please remember that if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features offered by the Service.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
When you register as a user of the Service, your profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as your photos, any additional photos, your first name, your age, approximate number of kilometres / miles away, and your personal description. If you chat with other users, they will see the content of your chat. If you like other users, they will get notifications that you like them.
Our policy is not to share your personal information that you yourself have not chosen to share with third persons, including other users of the Service, except in the limited circumstances described here:
You may review and update your personal information you provided or permanently delete your account at any time by opening your account and going to settings. However, even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other users. Please
keep in mind that only uninstalling the service from your mobile device will
allow the unique identifier associated with your device to still be stored. We
will be able to re-associate this identifier with your previous transactions
and activities when you log back into the service.
settings help you access the information you provide to us. There you can also
find certain permission systems for your specific device data (i.e. location
services and push notifications). You can change your settings there. Certain
services will lose full functionality if turned off. If you have any questions
on these settings, please contact us at email@example.com
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you (we reserve the right to charge the statutory fee to process such a request). Such a request must be in writing. We will contact you to let you know what else we need from you before we send you a copy of your personal information. If explicitly provided by the applicable mandatory law, you have a right to request in writing information regarding third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year. Unless the applicable mandatory statutory provisions restrict it, we reserve the right to charge the fee to process such a request. Your Klip account is non-transferable and any rights to your profile or content within your account will be cancelled upon your death.
The Service is provided globally and operates through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United States of America. Therefore your residence country’s laws and regulations concerning data protection might differ from the server’s location country’s laws and regulations and your personal data might not enjoy the same protection as provided in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and storage and processing of your personal information in any such countries and destinations. The Service is compliant with Finnish and EU law.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your Facebook details). Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks
and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing
practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security
We restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "effective date" at the bottom of this Policy. We recommend that you check our Service from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy. By continuing to access and use the Service after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding our Policy or practices, please contact us by email hello(a)joinklip.com or mail: